by Tracey Turner
It’s been a busy spring for CBA, but one of the highlights was definitely attendance at the Women in Technology Rountable hosted by Rep Ann Kuster (D-NH). It was both eye-opening and exciting to meet and see so many women involved in a wide variety of techonolgy careers right here in NH and all that is being done to further promote girls and women to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) careers.
Joining me on the dais were:
Congresswoman Ann McLane Kuster
· Heather Lavoie – Geneia (President and COO)
· Andrea Kokolis – NewForma (VP of HR)
· Gerardine Ferlins – Cirtronics (President and CEO)
· Margaret Donnelly – Align Revenue (Co-Founder and CMO)
· Paula Beauregard – Edge Velocity (Co-Founder, President, and CEO)
· Catherine Blake – NH High Tech Council and Sales Protocol (President and Founder)
· Bethany Ross – Dyn (Client Services)
· Kate Baxendale – BAE Systems (Senior Electrical Engineer)
· Erin Zanni – student, Merrimack
My message to the attendees was about what led me into a technology career. The same seemed to hold true for the other panelists as well – that we have always be curious about things and how they work. Our message to girls attending the session was, ‘never being afraid to ask questions and seek answers is a guarantee that you will never be bored and that you will most certainly make a positive difference in the lives of others!’ Kudos to all the panelists and all they have achieved!