Open Position: Data Analyst – Hartford, CT
Position Title: Data Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
Department: Analytics / Marketing
Experience: 0-2 years
Location: Hartford, CT United States
Qualification: Bachelors / Masters degree in Statistics, Math, Economics or other mathematical sciences or MBA
Job Description: As a Statistician you will provide statistical and predictive modeling, data and statistical analyses, and related statistical reporting to various business areas in support of short and long-term decision making for a large health services company.
- Duties shall include project definition, data extraction and gathering, writing and editing reports, creating graphs, charts and tables, preparing summary data for presentations, and presenting findings to management.
- Develop solutions using statistical procedure which aims at identifying key drivers of growth and profitability of a global insurance portfolio
- Should be a good team player and work as a part of team
- Manages projects, timelines, and deliverables according to the specified project management methodology
- Update and maintain a centralized repository of standardized project documentation
- Ensure project plans are updated and communicated as appropriate
- Ensure status reports are maintained and distributed as defined by the project plan
- Update documentation necessary to manage deliverables and timelines
- Self Motivated and result oriented individuals, effective team players with eagerness to accept increased responsibility. Outgoing and assertive personality
- Understanding of current and future organizational requirements
Technical /Personal Competencies Required:
- Good communication skills
- Strong technical skills and problem solving ability. Proficient in SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner and other statistical software packages is desirable
- Excellent analytic capability with advanced statistics application knowledge (multivariate and discriminant analysis, CHAID, genetic algorithms, multiple and logistic regression) along with a familiarity with optimization techniques including linear and nonlinear programming.